December 29, 2008

Christmas has been a whirlwind! I still need to get my tree decorating pictures off of my camera and up on the blog-- although at this point most may not care. My posting has really been lacking...I'm such a slacker. But hubby has off until January 5th for the holidays (!!!) so spending time with him is first priority. We don't usually get a stretch of time like this together. I hope those who do read will understand.

Christmas and family were very good to us this year-- I'll have to take photos of my favorite gifts and post them! Despite economic crises and the loss of my job back in October, we were able to give more than we anticipated, too. Which is great because we love to give! One of my favorite things about the season is seeing the excited looks on our family members' faces as they tear open the wrapping to a gift chosen especially for them. I hate to sound so cliche, but it's so true. I really do enjoy giving more than getting (although getting is also very fun!).

I wanted to give more handmade gifts this year than I actually ended up giving but there's always next year. I wasn't prepared for the amount of planning and preparation that would go into hand-making most, if not all, gifts so next year I will have to plan much more in advance. The holidays have been treating us great here and I hope they've been treating you well, too!

Have a safe and Happy New Year and see you all in 2009!!!!