December 11, 2008

blargh....

How is it that it's December 11th, exactly two weeks to Christmas day, and it's raining outside? It should be snowing. Come on, winter! Isn't New Jersey north enough for you to give us a little snow? It doesn't seem right to be listening to Frank Sinatra and The Carpenters crooning Christmas tunes and look out the window to see this....



On a completely unrelated note, but still on my mind, since I've been unemployed for about two months now, I've noticed (for the most part) that one mail woman always delivers my mail. Today, I went to run a letter out to the mailbox right as the mail truck was pulling up to my mailbox. It was a different postal worker. It got me thinking about how, during the holidays, a lot of people give their postman or woman a gift. First, how do you determine what to give them? Is it poor etiquette not to give them a gift? I've never been told about this so haven't done it. And, how do I even know that my regular post woman will get the gift. What if the guy comes on the day I leave it for her? Hmm...