January 15, 2009

Oh Me, Oh My!

The holidays have certainly screwed up the frequency of my posts. I don't know what's wrong with me but I've been having such a hard time getting back into the swing of things. It's already halfway through January! How did this happen?

I haven't posted too much about my current situation...at least I don't recall. I'm currently out of work. I was let go, along with the entire creative department and most of the editorial department, from the local magazine I worked for back in October. It seems as though most of those who were let go have found jobs except for me. At times, I find this a little disconcerting but then I remember that I've taken a detour and am pursuing another path at the moment. At least until tomorrow. Tomorrow is when I find out, once and for all (after waiting for over a month), whether or not the state of New Jersey will approve me for tuition reimbursement. I'm looking into getting certification for fashion design and technology. So, fingers crossed and God willing, they'll say yes. By 3pm tomorrow afternoon, I'll know whether or not it's time to look for a job full force. I've spent a good part of the last 3 months just going with the flow. Although schooling is really what I want for myself, I don't want to set myself up for a letdown. I'm trying to be positive but not too positive. Just in case. It's only hours away anyway....will keep you all posted!