November 4, 2009

Sleigh Bells Ring

I hopped on over to Alicia Paulson's blog this morning (my most favorite blog) to see what was going on in the life of Posy Gets Cozy.  She had a link to Polyvore, if you've ever been there. I completely forgot about this little gem of a place! So inspired was I by Alicia's fashion layout, I decided to do one of my own. Naturally, I created looks for a holiday get together since I've had Christmas on the brain since, like, August. HA! Meanwhile, I did so while listening to the Classical Christmas station on Pandora. It was playing the warm kind of classical Christmas music that reminds you of old, family, Christmas traditions in Norway or Wales or Ireland where family members are gathered around the fire eating plum pudding and toasting each other and their blessings with a glass of Port. Of course...my "looks" don't resemble any of that feeling. But hey! What can I say. I was working with more modern trends.

What I really should have been doing was a multitude of other things...showering, mulching the front garden, raking leaves, washing dishes, folding laundry, sewing-- you get it. My coffee had long gone cold but I was still finding myself sipping from it. I kept telling myself, "I'm only going to look at one more page" but once I got to the FIFTIETH page of dresses (and I was only on my first item), I realized I had to set some boundaries as to how long I spend picking out each item. Therefore, I limited myself to going through 15 pages of each item. Two and half hours later (EEK!), this is what I came up with.....


.....


....


...


..





I couldn't decide on just one of each thing so I went with three different holiday looks. Who's volunteering to buy me those Alexander McQueen Swarovski Crystal heels?

Anyway, I guess I ought to get back to real life. And (ahem) shower.