May 15, 2009

I feel like I've mentioned this plenty of times before but I've been stuck in such a rut lately. It's the feeling of helplessness I've had in regards to my job/school situation. School has not worked out. It was supposed to but, no surprise here, the state has made it so I can't attend. I was pretty mad about it at first since I have spent 7 months trying to get this situated (and everything was set and ready to go) but, in the end, I'm sure I'll get the training I'm looking for at some point. I was offered a retail position at Anthropologie (my love!), which is fabulous as I'm obsessed and probably their biggest fan...but it's only part-time work. The stress of wondering if I'll find something else to bring in supplemental income rears its ugly head every now and then. And, in particular, two days ago. The whole situation is just so nerve-wracking. I often don't feel like I'm stressed but, looking back, I can see that I am because it seems to affect every other area of my life. Creatively, I've been struggling because my focus is always on what's going to happen next-- will my hubby and I be in financial distress or will something great come through last minute? And all of this is to announce that my creative fire has FINALLY been fueled the past few days! Hallelujah!

I've got cute new homewares in my Etsy shop! Check them out!