May 31, 2009


First shore trip of the summer season! Aaaah! The clean, salty air. The soft, grainy sand on my toes. Not to mention the first gelato of the season at Shriver's (I was too excited to take a photo beforehand but trust me...it looked DEE-LISH-IOUS!).

I'm so excited for the summer. And although I don't have as much freedom to go down on the weekends like I used to, it makes those moments that I can visit that much more special and enjoyable. Packing up the car late this afternoon brought a little sadness to the day. It couldn't have been better though! Arriving yesterday in the afternoon to a bright, blue sky filled with fluffy clouds, feeling the cool ocean breeze blow through my hair, walking the boardwalk and eating Mack and Manco's pizza, and ending the evening with a leisurely game of hearts with family was great. And to start the day with coffee and breakfast at Ready's Coffee Shop was bliss! Another walk on the boardwalk and a taste of South Jersey's best gelato was as relaxing a day as I could have wished for. Shore...I'm sad to see you go. At least for this weekend. I'm sure we will meet again.

On a side note (and completely unrelated but you know I gotta plug it!), check out two new totes in my Etsy shop-- the Yellow Mod Dot Day Tote and the Raspberry Mustard Floral Day Tote. Enjoy the remainder of the night, all!