November 25, 2008

It's time for an update

After spending some time going through and carefully choosing a template, as close to something I would like, and making sure the text matches the overall look I'm going for...I noticed that you can upload your own template to Blogger. Oh, brother! So, I'll be off tomorrow designing a template for my updated blog so I can have it look just so!

I had originally intended for this blog to be a tracker of some sorts with my sewing progress. At the time it was created, I was taking a basic sewing class. You know, the general 4-week (as in 1 class per week for 4 weeks) class. The kind where you think you're going to learn something but you really don't because the student-teacher ratio is too high and the obnoxious know-it-all sucks up all of the teacher's time. (Do I sound bitter? I'm not. Really!) I had ventured out to get to know some of the girls in my church, as I've never really had good girl friends and actually met a woman through a friend (who has now become a fast friend) that sews for a living. Because of her kind and giving heart, she offered to give me personal sewing lessons...for free! Who does that? Well, she does and I'm so thankful for that because, had she not been so giving of her time, I wouldn't be where I am now. Not to say that I'm off in my sewing room making couture gowns or anything, but my craft has definitely grown and continues to long after our lessons ended.

It's been some time since I've posted and even longer since it's been sewing/craft related. It's now much too late in the evening to pull out everything I've made since my lessons with Becky and start photographing to post, but I certainly plan on doing it tomorrow. And I have plans to post much more often. Even weekly, perhaps! *gasp* The creative juices are flowing and I've got lots of ideas.